I was co-ordinator of a bereavement counselling service for 15 years and then trained further as a psychotherapist at The School for Psychotherapy and Counselling at Regent’s College. I was awarded an MA and an advanced diploma in integrative psychotherapy. My professional registration is with UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I am a member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). I adhere to the Code of Ethics as described by UKCP.
I have counselled in Primary Care and currently have a private practice. In addition I am working in a service offering counselling to women experiencing domestic abuse.
I work with a range of problems including:
- Low self esteem
- Work or family related concerns
- Panic attacks, stress and anxiety
- Bereavement and loss
- Sexual and other identity issues
- Childhood trauma and abuse
- Sexual, physical and emotional abuse
- Difficulties with relationships
- Links between organic illness and emotional distress